Dec 19, 2008

MFM & umbilical cord knot

I saw a different MFM than I normally have been seeing, and he was absolutely wonderful!! We decided on Lewisville Medical as opposed to Baylor Grapevine for inpatient... and then apparently my OB had brought up the possibility of Medical City Dallas for inpatient. I dont know how I feel about this. Obviously I want the best care possible, right? I dont think my quality of life at Medical City will be the same as Lewisville. First off Medical City is alot farther away than Lewisville. I wont see my family nearly as much. Addi will be left without a mother for up to 10 weeks, which absolutely breaks my heart. And then on top of that I will have to drive every day to Medical City to see my babies. Frustrating. And then there is the part of me that knows I have no control over this, no matter which hospital I choose God is totally in control. They could live or die according to His Will at either hospital. So do I take the chance and stay close to home knowing God will take care of us and have His Will in our lives or do I decide for the other hospital and use the most control I have over the situation? Is it irresponsible? I dont know if I feel good with the Medical City decision? I dont know if it sets right. And then I have to decide do I feel that way because that's what I've been planning on or because I have intuition? Either way for sure inpatient Jan 19, unless something happens and I have to go earlier. Happy Holidays to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Go with your heart on this decision, God will handle the rest. I am praying for you, have a Happy Holiday. Once you are on bed rest let me know what your room number is and I will come visit. - Erica J

    ReplyDelete