Jan 19, 2009

Admission day!

Well its finally here. Im finally admitted to the hospital! We came in at 1:30 this afternoon. Im finally just now getting to the point where the nurses are gone. Im on 24/7 monitoring. I ended up opting to have the IV hepa-lock put in, after arguing with the nurse about it I gave in. Ive had my first steroid shot, the second I will receive tomorrow. I also had a BPP done today on the boys and they both look really good. Both are doing breathing movements, which I guess is something she was glad to see. I will be having those twice a week on Mon & Thurs. They said dinner was at 5 and Im assuming I wasnt put on the list since I havent seen it anywhere. They brought a bed in for Jeff to sleep on, luckily its a pretty big room. Hopefully this will be an uneventful stay. Im glad as it seems these nurses really care about the quality of care Im going to be receiving and so far seem to be on top of everything. My Dr says I will be seeing him almost every day and when he doesnt come in it will be someone from his practice. The sono lady that came in really didnt seem to know too much about monoamniotic pregnancy and after I told her what my complication was asked if I had one placenta. The nurses seem to be up to date on my complication though so thats reassuring. Hopefully Ill be getting dinner soon! Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. So you finally made it! Let me know if you would like any visitors. That is what got me through my 43 days in the hospital. The food will get OLD so make sure someone brings you goodies from home! Indulge your pregnant, with twins!!!!! I look forward to keeping up with your progress. I will start all over again in the summer! When you get bored or tired of being in the hospital just remember why you are doing it and it makes everything else not matter. Your going great, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda and Jeff, Susan keeps me updated as she reads your blog and talks with Mema. We are praying for y'all. Keep posting here. Will be very nice keepsake for you and for the boys. Love ya! Uncle Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amanda,
    Sounds like things have gotten off to a good start. Just wanted to see how you were doing. Hang in there. I will pray things keep going smoothly for you. Misty

    ReplyDelete
  4. you sound in GREAT spirits & I will be keeping you & your family in prayer. My peri was SUPER & she really b/c my advocate! Plus a few incredible nurses - all that to say - speak up - you are in charge. Not a license to be obstinate, but seek out your info. I had the hepa-lock put in, and then taken out 2 days later b/c it was itchy & red. I was SO glad I had it out - everyone is different in their comfort levels though. You'll hear EVERY piece of advice - do what's best for you & yours! keep us posted!! Blessings,

    ReplyDelete