Jan 2, 2009

Its getting close.

Well I feel like this week has been eventful. New Years Eve was nice. We spent it doing what we do every night! I sat on the couch and watched tv with Sandra. Jeff came home and watch tv with us! I typically think New Years is overplayed. People get drunk and drive and I just want to go to bed, usually before midnight. Its especially overplayed when your 21 weeks pregnant with twins and being on your feet and out past 9pm is painful.

Jeff just switched to nights, so he is working 10pm to 6am for the next 2 months. He graciously agreed to help out since I'll be in the hospital and it works out for us better that way. He had his first night shift last night. He isnt adjusting well so far, but Im sure he'll get the hang of it shortly.

I suppose you could call it "quitting", but I dont like to... So I moved my stuff out of the salon. Which was a last minute decision. I hope Bonnie isnt mad about it, I didnt give 2 wks notice. Honestly I didnt ever consider doing that until right this minute. I am currently doing some work at my mom's house. Its working out so far, except for today half of the kitchen outlets went out and they had to call an electrician. Oopsies. I feel pretty badly about it. But surely a blow dryer can't cause all that ruckus. The refidgerator wouldnt even turn back on. And if you've seen the fridge you would know its no small thing.

I went to my last MFM appointment this morning. It was the same as usual. He checked the babies. He checked the knot. He checked the cord flow. All is as well as can be expected. The boys weigh 1 lb. each. He suggested once more to go in at 23 wks.

We decided last week Lewisville Med Center is the best option for us, reguardless of what others think. The boys will receive continuous monitoring there as opposed to 3 NST's per day at another hospital. I think my OB is doing this to make up for not having Dr's there 24/7. He wants the best opportunity to catch something as soon as possible and doesnt feel that 3 NST's per day is enough. Or this is how Im taking it. We were going to go in Mon, Jan 19, but with my MFM's advice and because all my Dr's think 23 weeks gestation is viability I am planning on going in sometime the week of Jan 12-17. I have an OB appt the morning of the 12th so it will be decided for sure on that day.

Happy New Year to All!

2 comments:

  1. I love love love your blog!! Keep up the god work Missy Pop!! I had no idea you were already at 21 weeks...that is just crazy business! I will be a Lewisville to see you that is for sure. FYI Bonnie is in no way mad at you, you called her and talked to her about it and then did what you had to do. Me on the other hand...not so much...just kidding. We understand, trust me. We have seen people move out in the middle of the night with no indications at all. You did the adult responsible thing and it is understood. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amanda,

    Thanks for the compliments of my girls. Your blog is awesome, I could never figure out how to make mine nicer, no time now! I am so excited for you that you are getting so close to inpatient. It will have it's good days and bad, but will hopefully go by fast, mine did. I still can't believe the girls are here already, seems just like yesterday we were diagnosed. I wish you the best and let me know if you have any questions or just need to vent. I would do it on the mono website when I needed to. Take care, Misty

    ReplyDelete